Monday, March 03, 2008

Centurion!

I've made it!

What started out as a simple rant by a bitter, yet sometimes salty young man, has grown to become the bitter, salty rant you know today!

I've reached to 100 posts, and I'm quite proud of this achievement. I've been writing since July 11, 2006, which would make that 602 days. That puts my committment to this blog way past my longest relationship (135 days), well short of my longest job tenure (1488 days), and much, much shorter than my time in university (2427 days). However, I'm still going to write, so the latter milestone may fall if I can keep finding neat things to write about and stupid things to make fun of.

So here's a toast to me. Cheers.

Speaking of neat things, please check out this site, Garfield Minus Garfield. Here's its blurb:

Who would have guessed that when you remove Garfield from the Garfield comic strips, the result is an even better comic about schizophrenia, bipolor disorder, and the empty desperation of modern life? Friends, meet Jon Arbuckle. Let’s laugh and learn with him on a journey deep into the tortured mind of an isolated young everyman as he fights a losing battle against lonliness in a quiet American suburb.

The resulting cartoons are unbelievably funny and quite revealing. I heartily encourage you to jaunt on down to the site and spend some quality time with Jon Arbuckle. Quite frankly, he needs some support.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me be the first to congratulate you!
100 huh, that is some commitment. Kind of like your dedication to achieving your degree but never missing out on any 'experiences'.

But you wanna hear something strange; somehow my email went to one from 11 Jul 06 - announcing the beginning that is this. As you put it, this blog will "Makes be fee semi-important." (I think you meant 'makes me feel') Tyler, you still are very semi-impt to all who know and love you. Well done ;)
-Andrea Tecun

Anonymous said...

Grammar police: On your "Here's it's blurb" - no apostrophe needed on the 'its'. You're welcome.

TylerD said...

I applaud you, Grammar Police! My tax dollars at work.

Fixed.

And thanks.