Thursday, May 22, 2008

Back To The Usual Routine: Having A Mind-Asplosion

Last week, I was in Jasper for a staff retreat, which was only memorable for the sheer number of animal statues that were ridden, and then I was in Las Vegas for a wedding, the ceremony of which I actually missed. Were good times had? You betcha. Quite frankly, I'm a little depressed to be back in town, although this rain is a bit beautiful, considering the 40+ degrees I experience in Sin City. However, my depression will not quell the onset of my usual metaphorical "brain aneurysms" that I have when I read certain articles of incredible wonder.

I've just read a news article that put my pop-culture, film nerd mind beyond the stratosphere, into the damn mesosphere. Included in the article are things that I thoroughly enjoy: an actor, a film series and a certain time period.

For your reading enjoyment: The Article.

Are. You. Fucking. Kidding. Me?!

Christian Bale. Signed on for the next THREE Terminator films? I've had fanboy mindgasms before, but this one is unconscionable. And to think that I've just come down from my excitement cloud having known that Bale is in Terminator 4. After reading the headline, I pretty much started having renewed crazy hallucinations and visions, not unlike William Hurt's character in Altered States. But I had good ones - we're talking evolutionary progression, here. Not only does one of my favourite actors (and let's be honest, one of the best actors working today) have a starring role in the next film of one of my favourite sci-fi franchises, but he signed on for THREE films? I can't believe that this is happening.

Granted, I have my reservations regarding the direction of the fourth film, due to McG's involvement. This guy directed Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle. Fuck. However, with Mr. Bale taking the lead, and the future time period being the battlezone, I can only have good thoughts regarding the quality of the final product. And for the films to follow, as well. Many, many kudos to The Halcyon Company for their prowess on the negotiating table (and securing the rights to Philip K. Dick's works as well - great work!).

Christian Bale. Three Terminator films. My birthday and Christmas have just merged into one gigantic orgiastic present getting-fest.

1 comment:

Edward Ott said...

the first terminator movie was the best.