Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Watchmen Update!


Last post I pondered whether or not the new film "Watchmen" could live up to the universe-crushing amount of hype surrounding it prior to its release.

After seeing it on Friday, I needed the last few days to digest, decompress and calm the fuck down. Because I can say without hyperbole, that it lived up to the hype, times ELEVENTY-BILLION INFINITY.

Yeah, it was pretty good. So good that an image of the film now graces my office computer, and that's a HUGE deal. I don't just blanket my monitor with shitty Microsoft stock images. I only want the best when I turn on my screen, so that I can begin the day feeling a bit more awesome than when I arrived at work.

So why are you still reading this? If you're at work, leave! If you're at school, absolutely leave! If you're at home, leave, then get a job. Get out to your closest theatre and prepare to get your nuts smashed.

2 comments:

RyanB said...

I saw it opening day and I loved it. Gotta say though a naked Dr. Manhattan can be a bit disturbing on a six story high IMAX screen.

TylerD said...

I agree, but I thought that naked Malin Akerman aka. Silk Spectre II made up for it. She just owned that costume, inside of it and out of it.