Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It Might Get Messy

On August 14th, it may get a little bit out of control. In my mind.

Provided that at theatre in Edmonton carries it, this film may just put me so far over the edge, sonically, visually and emotionally, that I might just lose it. All of it. And I'd be embarrassed if it wasn't because of something immensely awesome, but something less than spectacular. Like have you ever found yourself close to a friend or family member and witness them just wig out for no good reason? Have you ever been just sitting at your desk, checking off items on your menial work task list, when a co-worker explodes in a bat-shit insane rage, throwing paper and random office objects around while uttering a slew of cuss words a mile long, only because the fax number he dialed was busy? Yeah, that's embarrassing. Or maybe it's Thanksgiving, and after you mention to your mother that the turkey "could use a bit of salt or something", she upends the dining table using the strength of ten men, then chases you and the rest of your family around the house with a meat cleaver, uttering vague threats like "I'll show YOU what needs to have a little salt!"? Yeah, that's kind of embarrassing, but also a little scary. Your mom needs help.

Well, I won't feel any embarrassment or awkwardness if I go a little crazy when I see It Might Get Loud. Not only does it have two of my favourite musicians in Jimmy Page and Jack White, but it also has The Edge from U2 thrown in for good measure. It's sure to be a wonderful documentary about two legends and one certainly on his way to gaining that special status. Check out the trailer:



Yeah, I'm pretty much going to look like this for all 97 minutes of the film.

No comments: