Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The New Yorker Can Actually Be Funny


I know, it seems a far-fetched idea, but hear me out.

Mostly known for their be-monocled cover patron, and comics funny only to those who have subscriptions, and they only laugh because they believe they're paying for it, the New Yorker has been a bastion in the magazine world for being the pre-eminent forum for serious journalism and fiction since 1925. At least that's what Wikipedia says.

A quick check of their site today has produced a most-hilarious little gem. Found in the "Shouts And Mumurs" section, is a piece on the goings on in children and college minds alike. I think you'll agree that the result is quite amusing, and I say that whilst holding my cigar and cocking my head ever so slightly backwards to the right. Quite.


After you read it, I believe that you'll all agree that we thought like Simon every Halloween, because the money was just there. It's just sitting there!

No comments: