Friday, March 23, 2007

The Politics Of Cybertron

Some of you know of my involvment in the Students' Union executive elections at the U of A during my wacky career there. I have filled the role of campaign manager, volunteer and advisor for a few campaigns, including my own. I have a winning record, but unfortunately, never won myself.

Regular campaigns are fairly pedestrian, and some joke candidates over the years have been interesting, but mostly ill-conceived and poorly executed.

Except for this campaign.

I have to give my first nomination for "Hero Of The Year" award to Sarah Yusuf, who ran the Soundwave for VP External campaign during the SU elections earlier this month. Soundwave. The coolest fucking transformer of them all. SU elections. Face-melting, is what this is. And now there's video of the Myer candidates forum.

Kudos to you Sarah, you have created something legendary, normally reserved for Greek gods and mythical creatures in kids' books, like Peter Pan or Waldo. Bravo, young lass.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha, thanks Tyler :) I am a little pissed off at the gateway for not putting in a single shot of Soundwave in any of the election issues. They even had a photoshoot with me. Perverts.

Anonymous said...

Although I didn't do much, I am proud to have been Soundwave's campaign manager, the first time I've taken on the CM role.

It was magical and shiny.