Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Colour Me Confused




"This is art. This is physical poetry. It's like the dance. And when you see it, you're transformed, because they bring you to another place. It's very moving. THIS is the challenge, against which HISTORY will measure these eaters."


I'm so confused. I'm in a constant state of bemusement and bewilderment, and I can't see the light of clarity anywhere. I just don't understand, and because of this, at this very moment, I'm beginning to go slightly mad.

It's been almost a week since last Thursday. Last Thursday was supposed to have changed everything. EVERYTHING. I was told that this was absolute fact! FACT! And now it's nearing the end of Wednesday, and nothing has changed. Absolutely nothing. I have woken up each day for six days straight, feeling the same feelings, running through the same routine, only to become more frustrated with each passing hour, each passing minute. I've looked outside, and people are going about their regular daily business as if nothing monumental has occurred. Are they blind? Can they not see what has transpired? Have they not been affected? Are they immune to the epic power of the event now past? Someone answer me!

Perhaps this is all a game. But it can't be! I'm still here, in the same place, eating the same Chicken Italiano Chunky soup, drinking the same calcium-fortified soy-based chocolate milk. Nothing is right; I haven't gone anywhere. It's like absolutely nothing of importance has happened, and the general population of this metropolitan area, and I would guess hundreds just like it, have had the same absence of transformation.

They lied to me. Those fuckers out and out lied.

Nothing has changed. Life is the same! The Turkey Bowl is a farce. Shame on the MLE! Shame on the Major League of Eating!


Idiots.

1 comment:

Gordon said...

I could post something here high and mighty, about how the food, and production costs for that television show could be better spent feeding the hungry in some third world country.

I could laugh at Americans, for wondering why their society has such tremendous obesity problems, while they're watching such a display on Television.

Of course then I'd be guilty myself of both having watched it, and not done anything to feed the hungry myself.

Accordingly, I'll commit the 3rd and most horrible sin, and do nothing at all.