Tuesday, July 11, 2006

And Now, Starting In Last Place, This Kid


Yep, that's me to the left. Either someone just punched my eyebrow, or I'm intoxicated. Witnesses say the latter, and they weren't as intoxicated as I was apparently, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. But damn, look at those sideburns!
So here it is. Standard Tyler procedure. Getting to the party just a bit late, but making a concentrated effort to make the most of it, and eventually, entertaining (mostly) everyone. Sure, blogs have been around since what, the phonograph? Who cares? If I want to write one of these, then damn it, I will. I feel that this will give me the outlet I need for my wordsmithing, wordplay and my fanatical desire for wordsex, which is probably as gross as it sounds.

So, what will I write about? Most likely what other people are writing about, which are ramblings of an almost inchoherent nature, and would be absolutely incoherent, if not for idiot-proof writing software (read: nothing that is of any interest to anyone). I will be writing, mostly during non-work times, and even during work, when things are "slowed down a tad" (which is most of the time--work is like that).

So there you have it. I have thrown my hat into the ring of the great world of the blogosphere. Eventually, I will get my hat back, because it was an awesome hat, I'm sure of it.
And now, what you've all been waiting for: Mind-numbing minutiae!



Mind-Melting Mayhem: NBC's Treasure Hunters

"Oh, for fuck's sake!", you exclaim. His first post, his cherry-popping entry into the world of sitting, snacking and generally complaining, is about a fucking reality show. Yeah, it is. Go fornicate with yourself.
I have been watching this show, and was fairly excited about the premise, being a devoted fan of "The Amazing Race". There's just something about having to use intelligence to win a game, and that just gives me an erection. A smart erection, you can be assured.

If you haven't watched an episode, the premise is fairly simple: Use noggin, aided by senses (especially sight). Be first to solve elementary-level clues. Win $$$. It seems almost too easy, but you do have to discern between dumbing yourself down, or smartening yourself up for some puzzles. Unfortunately, this is only for Americans, and thus, the basis for a high entertainment factor. I'm not an Canuck-elitist or anything, but solving puzzles? Americans? Granted, there are extremely bright Americans out there, but do the producers get them? Not really, as there's only one team of three, the "Geniuses", which is quite the awesome moiniker. You just know those fuckers will get license plates celebrating this. The whole nickname nonsense is getting out of hand with all reality shows, but with our attention span now in the nanoseconds, remembering people and stuff is hard. However, in two hilarious coincidences (I'm sure), I've now seen two African-American teams in two different shows named the Brown family, and the Black family. Are you kidding me? I wonder how we're supposed to remember them...

Now 4 episodes in, I have almost displaced my original contempt for it being an AR/National Treasure rip-off, and a blatant one at that. Hmm. Solving a treasure mystery based on clues left by America's forefathers? I assume that the four people who saw that film are writing strongly worded letters. I'm just surprised that TH didn't use an accented host. Everyone else almost is. I'm faily sure that this guy is naked from the waist down on all the videos sent to the treasure hunters. "Teams: Your next clue is hidden somewhere on my body. Now if the camera justs pans down a bit..."

Long story longer, it has the possibility of being a good show, but only if the hot Grad Students get back into bikinis, or have to put on shirts, and wet them to
see the next clue. It's what the forefathers would have wanted.

And now, a random picture of me:

No comments: