Friday, October 10, 2008

A-Ha Has Eight Albums. Seriously.

Here's a bit of a laugh for your long weekend, folks.

The gist: "Ever wish songs just sang what was happening in the music video? Well now they do."

After reading that little blurb about the following video, and after watching the video and then calming myself down after having laughed so much that I started making these sad wheezing sounds, I pondered an interesting ponderance. There are so many music videos out there that one often remarks to oneself that "that video was mega-stupid. What the fuck did any of that have to do with the song? I am outraged, scared and confused."

The video:

The result: Hilarious fun-timery.

Happy Thanksgiving weekend everyone! (Canadians, that is)

1 comment:

Premee said...

Baaaand... mon.... taaage!

Solange and I were discussing a-ha not so long ago and I had to remind her that they actually chose a-ha to do a Bond theme song. Perhaps you remember 'The Living Daylights'? Oh yes.
They wanted a group that was iconic, talented, had staying power and brand recognition and chose...a-ha.

I miss the '80s.