Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Set Sail For The Boston Pizza!

Now, everyone join with me here:

"What the fuuuuuuck?"

I mean, honestly, let's just look at the most recent
Boston Pizza promotion, and let it out. Let it all out.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Arrrrrrrr!

What the hell is that thing on the left? Am I supposed to get the impression that during this promotion, I will be served by or cooked for by pirates, or pirate-types? I hope for their staff's sake, that no-one had a terrible accident leaving them scarred, and horribly disfigured by some nasty kitchen incident. I can just see the chaotic mess that followed some poor guy's/ladie's kitchen mishap.

Manager: "Oh shit! John what the fuck happened?"
Poor John: "Ahhhh! The slicer cut my hand off!" Take me to the hospital!"
Manager: "Hold on a sec. I've got an idea. Rick, pass me that pizza slicer and some tape. Yes, yes! I've got it!"
Poor John: "What are you doing? I'm FUCKING DYING HERE!"
Manager: "Just hold on. I'm going to need you to put on this frilly shirt for a moment while I get my camera. Hold your arm over this pizza. Hold it." *click*


Seriously folks, this is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. I can understand restaurants trying to break up the monotony of their everyday menu and I can even extend some credit to a business trying to piggyback on whatever's popular at the time (see an earlier post about The Pirates Of The Caribbean). But this is helmet-worthy retarded. I can just see
Captain McAllister from The Simpsons coming around to each table:

McAllister: "Ahoy Mateys, had your fill of tacos? Would ye sooner eat a bilge rat than another burger? Then come for all you can eat seafood at the Fryin' Dutchman/Boston Pizza!
Is it more iced tea you be needin'?"

Except the iced tea is probably bilge water. And the seafood? I probably wouldn't order it. It was prepared by a guy with a can opener for a leg.

P.S. Thanks to Allie E. for her sharp eyes and love of BP's.

No comments: